- In this passage we see that Peter wrote a second time.
- Peter references our pure minds indicating New Man of the second birth.
- Since there is a New Man there is also an Old Man which has an impure mind.
- Our natural tendency is to reflect on the impure.
- Therefore the diligent leader knows the constant battle for the pure mind.
Approximately 11 of the over 300 Founding Fathers did not believe in Jesus Christ as their personal saviour. However the one common ground that all of them had was “character.” Benjamin Franklin was one of those 11 and another reminded him of the Christian influence upon his education. After 5 weeks of the Constitutional Convention Franklin said: “I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?”
- We have removed the Bible from schools and replaced it with situation ethics.
- To qualify for a TV sitcom every episode must mock at least 3 of the 10 Commandments.
- Many government officials today appear to focus on their personal benefit instead of those they serve.
Hebrews 3:13 tells us to “exhort one another daily.” That is the kind of diligence it takes to have a consistent walk with the Lord. Growing in character is a mark of a leader.
Here are some ways to let people know you are a believer:
- Wear religious jewelry
- Put on bumper stickers
- Display religious pictures
- Carry a cross around town
- Or take Peter’s council by keeping in focus the character growth goals so that people who know you say he or she is a person of character.
Last night someone at church told me that one of our city officials was fired and another is under investigation and all of this since I talked with a senior official who asked for my contact information a couple of months ago and has not contacted me yet.
- How is your walk with the Lord?
- Are you accountable to someone outside of your family?
- Are you receiving regular character training?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.