Picture from: http://jimlaneevangelist.com/formation/
There are five gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Romans. There are five different things to believe to be a part of the family of God through the ages.
When did the disciples get saved?
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Now you may ask how it is salvation believing Jesus is the Christ.
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
II Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
We would do good to remember that time changes some aspects of the gospel but not the key.
People are saved:
- From Adam to John the Baptist by faith in the coming Messiah.
- From John the Baptist to the death of Jesus by faith in the living Saviour.
- From the death of Jesus to the rapture by faith in the resurrected Saviour.
- From the rapture to the second coming by faith His second coming.
- From the second coming through the millennium by faith in His ruling.
- Adam was first to believe in the coming Messiah. Genesis 3
- Simeon was first to believe in the living Saviour. Luke 2
- Paul was first to believe in the resurrected Saviour. Acts 9
- 144,000 will be the first to believe in the second coming. Revelation 7:4
- Jews that endure the Great Tribulation will be first to believe in His rule. Matthew 24: 13-14
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are four different views of Jesus. John gives us the two key issues to believe in every chapter that will bring anyone into the family of God from Alpha to Omega. Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and gives us the gospel for the Church Age.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.