Here is graphic evidence that I use to live on Skid Row in 1968 at Quang Tri, Vietnam serving with VMO-6 as a door gunner on a HUEY gunship. Praise the Lord He did not leave me there.
This post is a commentary on II Peter 1
According to verse 9 backsliding is the result of failing to keep up with the believers disciplines and results in:
- Forgetting that you were born again
Verse 10 says to give diligence which to me means dig in to the word of God daily or I may end up like Lot.
This chapter uses the word “know, known, knowledge, or knowing” nine times. This tells me that I have a responsibility to know who I am in Christ. It is easy to forget it takes diligence to know.
Consider the things knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord from this chapter brings to us:
2. Grace and multiplied peace
3. Devine power give us all things that pertain to life and godliness
5. Knowledge is added after virtue so virtue failures require confession.
6. Leads us to self control and the only way to have self under control is to be Spirit controlled.
8. Make us fruitful
12. Information without application leads to frustration.
14. Time is short we are in a race against it.
16. Keeps us focused on Truth.
20. Prophecy came from holy men. Unholy men twist it. To know prophecy one must know scripture. To know the scriptures one must know Jesus and hear His voice regularly. Prophecy Purifies.
David forgot who he was when he first saw Bathsheba. All of the sins fallen into by believers happens because they have forgotten who they are. Be diligent to make your calling and election sure and you will not fall into sin and you will experience an abundant entrance into heaven. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.