Those who read “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him” are promised a blessing, how much more so if you study so that you can explain it to others. It has 440 verses and requires a good understanding of the previous 65 books to understand it because you will find over 800 references leading you back to the various passages throughout.
The most valuable section of Revelation is chapters 2 and 3. Chapter 1:19 is the outline for the book:
- Write the things which thou hast seen, (chapter 1 history)
- and the things which are, (chapters 2-3 Church age)
- and the things which shall be hereafter; (chapter 4-22 future)
Take the time to fill in the boxes for a better understanding of the time period in which we live. In another post I will direction for the other chapters.
I have filled in several of the boxes for you for a push start. Who is to benefit from this study is answered in the text.
- Addressed to the pastor of each church to give direction to all.
- “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;” anyone that will listen to what the Spirit is saying.
- “Let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;” note that it signifies plural. The church you attend is described by taking a percentage of each of the seven to add up to 100%.
- Fourthly most have observed that each church describes a time period in the Church Age.
Mature believers will remember that there use to be more churches and they had a focus of sending missionaries around the world which describes the Church of Philadelphia. Now we have the Church of the Laodiceans which is described with Jesus outside knocking on the door trying to get in.
Prophecy meetings have the largest draw for churches. If you want to learn prophecy start here by filling in the blanks then you can go on from there.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.