That I may know him, I must experience Him daily
and the power of his resurrection, I must walk in the Spirit
and the fellowship of his sufferings, I must see Him through my trials
being made conformable unto his death; I must live with His passion for my cross.
“Where there is no vision, when I lose sight of the vision
the people perish: …” other people perish. John 3:16
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish,
but have everlasting life. John 3:16
I must be a living demonstration of the Christ life.
Write the Vision
Habakkuk, a Minor Prophet, had lost sight of the vision and become bitter because God was going to use the heathen to discipline His people, Habakkuk 2:1. So the Lord tells him to write the vision, verse 2.
Verse 3 looks like a contradiction but what He is saying is that the vision does not come in our time but in His time.
Verse 4 sums up our vision.
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
The first part of the verse is pride, the self-life, which is having it my way. The theme song for hell is “I did it my way.” The second part tells me that I must learn His faith from His word and live daily by faith.
- Keeps it clear
- Keeps it in your heart with review
- Keeps you running on course
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
This is your gauge to test your self. Notice the three levels at the end of the verse.
- Good: My faith lines up with His faith. Ephesians 1:9
- His faith changed time and eternity.
- My faith will change time and eternity.
- II Corinthians 5:10 Your conscience reminds you of coming Judgment.
- Acceptable: My ways become His ways. Ephesians 5:10
- Learn His principles
- Learn the commands of Christ
- Learn His character qualities
- Perfect: His life has taken over my life. Ephesians 4:13
- John 15
- Philippians 3:12, 15
- Colossians 1:28 we are complete when we are done.
Perfect means complete
Our Vision on the path
That I may know him,
and the power of his resurrection,
and the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made conformable unto his death;
Our Vision at the end
I havefought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith: II Timothy 4:7
To keep our vision sharp and in focus we need to learn our mission.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.